Do not know which is the best EV charger manufacturer in the USA is right for you? Here's the top EV charging station brands for you.
It can be tough.
Seeking out a reliable EV charger manufacturer can be an arduous task, especially if you have a requirement that only a very experienced industry manufacturer can meet. The US has been a pacesetter in the drive for a cleaner environment with an increase in the manufacture and use of electric vehicles. This rise in EVs comes with the challenge of inadequate EV charging stations, and where they exist, manufacturers might not be up to par in quality.
This post highlights the top 10 EV charger manufacturing industry manufacturers present in the US market. So, without further ado, let’s dive in.
I. Top 10 EV Charger Manufacturers in the USA
Here are the top 10 EV charger manufacturers in the US.
|Rank||EV Charger Manufacturer||Year Established|
|10||Nuvve Holding Corp.||2010|
- Address – 767 S. Alameda St., Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA, United States.
- Year of Experience – 13 years (2009)
- Certificates – CE, UL, FCC, ISO 9001:2015.
- Company Introduction – Since its existence in 2009, Shell Recharge has been at the forefront of clean energy distribution through the manufacture and installation of its EV charging station. They have been able to install over 90,000 charging stations across the globe ranging from home charging stations to commercial charging stations. Although their vision is to reach 500,000 charging stations by 2025, they are not just focused on the quantity but also the quality of the EV charging experience. This is exemplified in their quality design and installation processes, delivering a minimum of 50kWh DC charging stations which can charge an EV battery from zero to 80% in about 30 minutes. For the design and installation team, Shell Recharge has some of the brightest engineers who are highly qualified and experienced in delivering very innovative EV charging solutions, including integrating distributed energy resources (DER) that ensure a cost-effective charging system.
- Products Offered – Portable EV chargers, fast charging stations, rapid charging stations, high-powered charging stations
2. Tesla, Inc.
- Address – 1 Tesla Road, Austin, Texas 78725, USA
- Year of Experience – 10 years (2012)
- Certificates – CE, UL, FCC, ENERGY STAR
- Company Introduction – Though the company has been in existence since 2003 as an electric vehicle manufacturer, it wasn’t until 2012 before it started manufacturing and installing its EV chargers known as Superchargers. Tesla’s brand of EV chargers has a capacity of up to 480V DC, capable of charging an EV battery to 80% in less than 45 minutes. With more than 30,000 Supercharger units across 2,564 stations, Tesla has created a niche within the industry. It is one of the most invested EV charging manufacturers with a revenue of 53.8 billion US dollars and total equity of 30.2 billion US dollars while being publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange. Its factory is located in Nevada in the US, where over 7,000 employees work on a 5.3 million square foot facility with an operational area of 1.9 million square feet.
- Products Offered – Supercharger, EV charger wall connectors, adapters, cable organizer, power walls, power packs, solar roofs.
- Address – 240 East Hacienda Avenue Campbell, CA 95008, USA.
- Year of Experience – 15 years (2007)
- Certificates – CE, UL, FCC, IC, RCM, ISO 9001:2015, SOC 2, ENERGY STAR, RoHS, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 27000:2013, and ISO 45001:2018,
- Company Introduction – Since its inception in 2007, ChargePoint has installed charging stations in over one hundred and seventy EV chargers worldwide but especially in the US. Being a leading manufacturer of EV charging stations, ChargePoint comfortably manufactures its range of EV charging stations, including home and business EV charging solutions. These charging solutions are available in levels 1, 2, and 3 charging rates from normal to rapid charging EV stations. ChargePoint employs over 1,300 highly skilled professionals working from its factory in Campbell, California, USA, where it doles out over 2,000 innovative EV chargers monthly. It is also publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange with over 146 million US dollars in revenue and 197 million US dollars in net income in 2021.
- Products Offered – Levels 1,2 and 3 charging stations, single home charging stations, multi-apartment charging stations, business charging stations, and accessories.
- Address – 605 Lincoln Rd, 5th Floor Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA
- Year of Experience – 13 years (2009)
- Certificates – CE, UL, CHAdeMO, RCM, FCC, IC
- Company Introduction – established in 2009, Blink charging company has been providing EV charging solutions to a teeming number of customers across the United States and other countries around the world. Their portfolio of services and products comprises both fast charging and rapid charging EV chargers with bespoke solutions that consider the requirement of EV owners. Blink is constantly looking to partner with property owners to install their EV charging stations across multiple locations and businesses, including public stations, shopping malls, parking stations, and municipalities.
- Products Offered – Home charging stations, business charging stations, DC fast charging, Level 2 EV charging stations, mobile emergency charger.
- Address – 11850 Kemper Road Auburn, CA 95603, USA
- Year of Experience – 16 years (2006)
- Certificates – ENERGY STAR, ETL, cETL Listed
- Company Introduction – Established in 2006, ClipperCreek describes itself as a manufacturer of EVSE (Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment) and has been among the leaders in the EV industry for sixteen years. With their technologically advanced production line, ClipperCreek has released some of the fastest, safest, and most cost-effective EV charging solutions encompassing residential, commercial, and workplace charging requirements. Moreover, in the US, its factory in Auburn, California, has sold charging stations in the tens of thousands and is constantly increasing its facility to accommodate the increased level of demand in the industry. Additionally, ClipperCreek is also committed to quality manufacturing and customer satisfaction which is demonstrated in their customer advisory service to help prospective clients meet their present EV requirements and prepare for future EV demands.
- Products Offered – Level 1 and 2 charging stations, commercial mounting equipment, EVSE cable retractors, and ev accessories.
- Address – 201 North Service Rd Melville, NY, 11747-3138 United States
- Year of Experience – 11 years (2011)
- Certificates – FTA, FHWA OCPP, CE, IEC, FCC, EN, UL, and cUL.
- Company Introduction – Though the Leviton brand has been around since 1906, manufacturing brass mantle and electrical wiring products, they only started manufacturing EV chargers in 2011. Their first EV chargers were in partnership with Ford Motors, where they manufactured the Evr-Green DC charger for Ford’s line of EVs. Leviton is well invested in the EV charging manufacturing industry with a manufacturing facility in New York covering.
- Products Offered – wall-mounted charging stations, pedestal system, level 2 and 3 charging stations, plug-in charging stations, holster, and other accessories.
- Address – 4961Tesla Drive Suite A Bowie, Maryland, United States
- Year of Experience – 14 years (2008)
- Certificates – UL, FCC, IC RSS
- Company Introduction – SemmaConnect was established in 2008 and positioned as a manufacturer of EV charging stations that meet the requirements of residential, commercial, and public EV charging consumers. With an investment of over 42 million US dollars, SemaConnect’s ambition is to be the preferred supplier of innovative EV charging solutions across the North American continent and the rest of the world. To achieve this feat, SemaConnect partners with various stakeholders, including retail outlets and other business locations, to reach more EV users and has installed over 1,500 charging stations across the globe. SemaConnect has also invested in innovative technologies and solutions to make charging EVs easier and more enjoyable for EV drivers and owners. With over 150 well-qualified and experienced employees, SemaConnet strives to meet its customers’ needs and requirements.
- Products Offered – EV home charging stations, commercial EV charging stations, EV charging stations for fleets, DC fast charger and accessories.
- Address – 1999 Harrison St, Suite 2650. Oakland, California, USA.
- Year of Experience – 8 years (2014)
- Certificates – Buy America compliant, UL2202, UL2231-1, UL2231-2, UL991, UL1973 (battery), FCC Part 15 Class A
- Company Introduction – Since its incorporation in 2014, FreeWire Technologies have been at the forefront of providing easily accessible electric vehicle charging solutions that cater to varying categories of EV users. With over 25 investors, FreeWire Technologies has one of the highest numbers of investors in the industry, all contributing a total investment sum of 230 million US dollars. Most of these investors constitute global fortune 500 companies. While it appears to be a young enterprise in an industry with stiff competition, it has never been intimidated by other giants due to its unwavering commitment to clean energy and a diversification into other energy niches, including rechargeable batteries. Additionally, its integration of smart technologies into its manufacturing processes enhances its production of quality and reliable EV charging solutions.
- Products Offered – EV chargers, ultrafast EV chargers, AMP.
- Address – 3850 Hamlin Road, Auburn Hills, Michigan 48326, United States
- Year of Experience – 94 years (1928)
- Certificates – EN 61000-6-2/3, DIN 70121, ISO 15118, IEC 62196 MODE 4, EN 61851-23 CHAdeMO.
- Company Introduction – Founded almost a century ago in 1928, BorgWarner started as a powertrain solution provider for the automotive industry. But, most recently, it has joined the league of manufacturers to achieve a cleaner environment with green energy and EV charging station manufacturing. With funding of up to 8.9 million US dollars from the US department of energy, BorgWarner has been able to manufacture some of the most efficient EV chargers in the industry. It has a range of DC chargers for fast and reliable EV charging with rugged designs to withstand some of the harshest use conditions. It also caters to various categories of EV charging solutions, including business, retail outlets, and public charging stations.
- Products Offered – DC charging stations, Ferro resonant chargers, battery dischargers, hybrid chargers, DC fast chargers, and high-frequency chargers.
- Address – 2488 Historic Decatur Road, Suite 200 San Diego, California 92106, USA
- Year of Experience – 12 years (2010)
- Certificates – CSA 22.2, CSA 94.2, CSA 280-16, CSA 281.1, CSA 281.2, UL 50E, UL991, UL 1998, UL2231-1, UL 2231-2, UL 2594, FCC Part 15, Class B, NEC 625, SAE J1772
- Company Introduction – Since its inception in 2010, Nuvve Holding Corporation has strived in its ambition to make EV charging and ownership as easy and accessible as air. It has proffered the use of advanced proprietary technology to advance its course and has been doing so successfully for 12 years and counting. Its charging solutions include AC and DC charging stations with a proprietary platform that enables seamless integration with the existing grid. Additionally, the present is not only in the US but also in Europe and across the globe.
- Products Offered – Single-phase AC chargers, three-phase AC chargers, unidirectional DC chargers, connectors.
We have highlighted the top 10 EV charger manufacturers in the USA. There are also many other EV charging station companies we can consider, here are the supplier made the list for the budget pick, Electrly.
Finally, identifying the best suitable manufacturer that can meet your EV charging requirements shouldn’t be difficult as we’ve been able to bring to your notice the top echelons of the EV charging manufacturing industry. However, understanding present requirements and anticipating the future requirements for your EV charging needs can prove to be lifesaving. Nonetheless, explaining your challenges and fears to an experienced professional in the industry should help you mitigate these challenges. Ultimately, you should be able to get a reliable solution from any one of the manufacturers highlighted in this post.